Unless you’ve found bedbugs in your home, you may not realize what you’re dealing with. You may think it was an occasional invader. If this happens, there is a risk that you’ll let the problem linger and worsen. Suffice to say, it is essential to prevent this from happening. Instead, you need to identify the infestation sooner. Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to eliminate the bugs before they can reproduce and worsen. Until you’re dealing with a full-blown bedbug infestation, you likely won’t see bugs crawling around your home.
Identifying them is one-half of the problem. It isn’t easy since bedbugs tend to hide in discreet areas that are rarely inspected. With help from a professional exterminator, you can fix this problem before it worsens. You can also try making the bedbugs come out of hiding. Use the advice below to do that.
Making Bedbugs Come Out Of Their Hiding Places
Do you believe bedbugs have entered your home? They could be hiding anywhere. If you can make the bugs come out of hiding, you can find them and deal with the infestation sooner.
- First, you must remember that bedbugs only come out at night. You may have to stay up late to spot the bugs and confirm the infestation. Alternatively, you can make the room dark to see if they come out.
- Using lures and traps can help. Certain bedbug lures can be purchased online. These products tend to use heat and CO2 to lure bedbugs out of hiding. Some contain glue that is used to trap and eliminate bedbugs. You can buy some bedbug lures over the counter, but it might be best to work with a professional exterminator.
- Don’t forget that you can use a steamer to lure bedbugs out of hiding. Since bedbugs are attracted to heat, the steamer is going to work well for this purpose. Bedbug steamers release heat that is hot enough to kill the bugs. Once the heat has been released, bedbugs may try to approach it. Regardless, the heat will kill the bugs. After a steam treatment, you should find many bedbug bodies around your home.
- Remember that bedbugs are attracted to CO2 and heat. Therefore, you can use these things to use the bedbugs out of hiding. There is a good chance that you have a heating pad at home. It can help you lure these bugs out of hiding. All you have to do is place the heating pad in the center of your bed and throw a blanket over it. Plug it up and let the pad get hot. The heat from the pad will lure the bedbugs out. Then, you’ll know that you’re dealing with a problem.
- You can kill bedbugs by using heat. Therefore, it is wise to use your dryer to eliminate the bugs hiding on your sheets, blankets, covers, and pillowcases. Once you’ve used your dryer for this purpose, you will find many dead bedbugs inside. Then, it is time to call an exterminator to deal with the infestation.
Professional lures can help you achieve this goal. Contact a professional to get assistance.
Professional Bedbug Lures & Traps
Although you can try using DIY methods, it is often best to rely on professional solutions. Doing so ensures that you’re going to achieve your goals. Professional solutions will resolve the problem quicker and more efficiently. Contact a professional in your area to ask about their professional lures and traps. Most traps use glue to trap the bugs. Once they’re stuck in the glue, they will not be able to leave and feed. They’ll die in a few weeks. Call a professional to get started.